Thursday, October 20, 2011

Attractive Alternatives for Designer Brand Underwear

As a student with limited budget, I often search for alternatives to expensive products that I cannot afford. Also, I want to find something with the same quality or better. For underwear, I would never spend more than 5$ for a pair of female underwear. The lingerie industry is expanding exponentially as for male underwear, it has just began to blossom a few years ago. This blog post is about alternatives for designer brand underwear. I truly believe that Dylan Ribkoff Apparel can provide all the following styles, but at reasonable prices and with the same high quality. It is especially aimed to young adults who have tight budgets, but want to look stylish in their underwear!
I stumbled upon this website Askmen.ca regarding the trends of male underwear for the year 2011. It is quite nice since they talk about different styles and shows some examples. However, when I found this:

$65 for a pair of “Fruit of the Loom” type briefs? I can’t even afford underwear this expensive!

Here is a product of Dylan Ribkoff’s line that I suggest:



Same style, more stylish and fashionable (let’s be honest!), it comes in a variety of shades, with 3 waistbands to choose from and…for around 1/3 of Equmen’s price! Moreover, each style is named after a city in the world.
Next: trunks!



CK’s trunks, quite nice, but I found better…



Currently on sale for $15! This is certainly a must-have. The colors combination seems much more vibrant 
and exciting. By the way, did you know that their fabric is made out of “the finest quality ring-spun yarn? This means that it results in a softer, more durable fabric, and takes 5 times longer to produce." (DylanRibkoff.com) This company does ensure the softness of their products which is the most important factor for men underclothing.

Last style: the infamous briefs



“Then select color….” Only the color black to choose from… where are the colors of the spectrum?



For around the same price (or less), you have a buffet of briefs in a variety of colors!
In summary, all I want to say is that Dylan Ribkoff Apparel provides same exact quality than other brands, gives a whole lot of colors to choose from, most of the times more affordable for college students. In other words, perfect undies!

Please support them by “Like!” their Facebook page for current promotions:

Or visit their official website (online shop) at:


- Annick

11 comments:

  1. I didn't know mean undies are so expensive! Thanks for the post! the D.R designs looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! So in ask.men they recommend such expensive undies? And they are not as nice as the cheaper undies that you can find with the D.R. Thanks for the info, I'll check the website out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who gets 3 pairs of generic Wal-Mart boxers for Christmas every year and makes do with them for eons to come, I can't say I identify particularly well with needing alternatives to fashionable underwear, but it's good to see brands like Dylan Ribkoff providing those alternatives to people who (rightfully) refuse to pay upwards of forty or fifty dollars for a pair of boxer-briefs. It's also good to see blogs like this propagating the brand, as it means less people will feel obligated to part with their hard earned cash for trivialities such as designer underwear. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why would anyone buy a pair of daily use underwear for $65 is beyond me. Buying it as lingerie is one thing...buying a bunch to go to work and just your day to day activities...waste of money. It's not like everyone gets to see what your underwear looks like. (And if they do, maybe you should invest in some pants instead.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buying underwear for $65 is a waste of money. I agree that wearing a fashionable underwear is cool but paying more than $50 for it is too much. This is nice that there are brands like D.K which provides fashionable underwear at a lower price and same quality. Thanks for this blog which is well done and I will check the website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very informative, it's nice to know that you can buy underwear that are not ugly and not have to pay an arm and a leg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting! Fashionable undies for a reasonable price. At least it looks reasonable coming down from such a crazy expensive price... although... no one would actually know how fashionable I would be if I wore those... unless............
    Nice blog, checking the site right now

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I was looking around for cheap, but nice boxers online (yes, don't YOU do that in your free time??), and I found this site and wow, those boxers look real nice with all the snazzy colours. Thanks for the link, I'll check 'em out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally prefer Boxer brief.... I don't know for you guys but I would not wear briefs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to see that men are finally get a choice in the underwear they wear. I am a strong believer in choice. We are all gonna have different preference.

    C.I.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who knew that men's underwear was so expensive. Obviously underwear like Fruit of the Loom and Hanes is cheaper but high quality brands like Calvin Klein are ridiculously expensive.

    ReplyDelete